Friday, December 19, 2014

This week's discovery basket

Little Bean and I went exploring in the garden. It was great to see the wonder on his little face as he discovered so many new things. I actually watched his world become bigger. We gathered up all kinds of interesting leaves and nuts. I made sure to get a wide range of textures, colours and sizes. I got lots of different leaves from brand new, soft, smooth leaves through to old, dry, crunchy leaves. Later that night, we sat down to have some quiet time before bed. I showed him how to run his fingers over the leaves to feel their texture. I also taught him how to smell a sprig of rosemary, which had him making funny noises as he sniffed in and snorted out. So cute and very entertaining. Then he went on to sniff everything else in the box too.


No comments:

Post a Comment